By Dr Yakira Mishan
This is a delicious and filling plant-based breakfast which is ideal for a colder winter’s morning. The oats are packed with fibre and naturally aid in lowering cholesterol. The apples are a tasty and hearty addition but are also packed with fibre and phytonutrients.
- Granny smith apple
- 2 cups of uncooked whole rolled oats
- ½ cup of oat/soya/almond milk
- 1 tablespoon of sugar free peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ cup of honey or maple syrup
- Boiling water
- Berries/ banana/ nuts as toppings
- Cover the apples with boiling water and half the cinnamon and allow to boil
- Once the apples are soft add the oats and cover with boiling water
- Add the remaining cinnamon
- Allow the oats and apples to boil and stir regularly. Add more water as needed.
- Once the oats are cooked but there is still water in the pot add the honey , peanut butter and a dash more water and stir through.
- Turn off the stove and add milk until the oats are your preferable consistency.
- Sprinkle over berries/ banana/ nuts/ more cinnamon and honey as a toping of your choice.